As an extremely busy person myself, I try to incorporate some community service into my daily activities. How? I'm not suggesting going to Hospice and volunteering a couple of hours. I'm referring to acts of kindness which is a form of community service. Here a list of actions to think about:
* hold the door for people, whether they say thank you or not
* let someone in a line of traffic
* when you go to purchase an item, ask the cashier how his/her day is. And listen.
* write a thank you note for someone
* leave a nice sticky note for someone
* write an email of appreciation to a coworker
* pick up trash while walking your dog
* give a dollar to a homeless person
* tell a veteran "thank you"
* bring your neighbor baked goods
* tell your server at a restaurant "thank you" and really mean it
These are just a few suggestions. What I'm really suggesting is think about your daily actions. Are you focused on yourself, not acknowledging those around you? Do you show people that you care? Maybe it's time to give a little more back, even if it takes just a few seconds of your time.